- What is Debonairs Pizza doing to prevent COVID-19 spread?
Do your staff wear gloves?
- We have implemented hand sanitising for all customers.
- Staff wash and sanitise their hands for 20 seconds at least every 20 minutes.
- Specific training modules for staff have been launched, and staff have been trained practically in the workplace.
- Every restaurant has educational best practice notices for our staff and drivers, in accordance with the World Health Organisation and the Department of Health’s regulations.
- Every staff member, including our delivery drivers, are screened for symptoms every day.
- We have implemented a No Contact Delivery service which ensures that our customers do not come in physical contact with our staff.
- 3rd Party drivers are screened with temperature checks and the register is completed. Drivers showing symptoms or a high temperature are not permitted inside and cannot deliver. The 3rd party delivery company is immediately notified.
Do your staff wear masks?
- Gloves are at higher risk of carrying pathogens than properly washed hands.
- Wearing gloves creates a false sense of security and has potential to lead to staff relaxing the strict hygiene standards we uphold at Debonairs.
- The person wearing gloves cannot feel dirt or greasiness on their gloves, which means that they change gloves less often than they would wash dirty hands.
- The wrong sized glove could tear or puncture leading to food contamination due to exposure to skin.
- Contamination from the gloves themselves could cause cross contamination if the glove had touched any other surfaces.
- Wearing gloves in our hot and steamy kitchens may cause perspiration on the hands and lead to ideal conditions for bacterial growth on the skin under the gloves.
Do all restaurants promote regular and thorough handwashing by employees or customers?
- Wearing of cloth face masks is a legislated requirement for all Mauritians.
- No one is permitted to enter our restaurant premises (including our own staff, delivery teams, suppliers, or inspectors) if they are not wearing a cloth mask.
- In addition to the cloth face masks, our staff who engage with delivery drivers also wear a face shield as an extra precaution.
What are the protocols that the restaurant follows when a staff member becomes ill with COVID-19?
- Hand sanitiser dispensers or bottles are available for drivers and staff.
- Restaurants display posters promoting regular handwashing and sanitising.
- Staff have access to places where they can wash their hands with soap and water.
- Drivers are equipped with personal hand sanitisers for regular use on delivery trips.
How do all restaurants make sure that workplaces are clean and hygienic?
- Staff members, when they are feeling unwell or showing signs or symptoms of Coronavirus, should stay at home and quarantined until symptoms have cleared.
- Our staff are working in separate teams which have zero physical contact. Should one of our team members start to show symptoms, the entire team will be isolated and sent for testing.
- Depending on the severity of the case, we might have to close our doors to sterilise the restaurant and reopen with approval from the Department of Health, or Local Council.
What are the Debonairs Pizza’s standard operating procedures when it comes to product handling?
- Cleaning schedules are followed daily.
- All food contact surfaces are cleaned and washed, as and when necessary : during and/or immediately after the handling of food so that contamination of the food that meets any such surface is prevented.
- Daily deep cleaning. This requires all equipment and surfaces to be thoroughly washed with soap and water.
How is Debonairs Pizza promoting social distancing?
- Debonairs prides itself in the strict personal hygiene practices supported by Debonairs’s Food Safety Policies.
Why can’t we order all menu offerings we could before?
- Floor markers indicating 1.5m a safe distance between workstations are in place.
- We have implemented a No Contact Delivery service for all orders.
Are all restaurants open, and what are the trading hours?
- Our restaurants are operating with a very limited number of staff, due to this and the strict physical distancing practices we have put in place in our kitchens, we have had to rationalise our menu to optimise our speed of service.
What is No Contact Delivery?
- Only restaurants that are able to offer home deliveries are operating at the moment.
- To see which restaurant is open in your area and what their trading hours are, download the Debonairs app.
What is the No Contact Delivery Process?
- In order to continue to combat the effects of COVID–19 all restaurants that are open for Delivery only will implement a strict No Contact Delivery procedure with all deliveries.
- This procedure ensures to protect both our drivers and our customers. This means that customers will be able to receive their meals without making physical contact with the drivers.
- All delivery bags are sanitised and wiped down before each order is packed.
- Online payments are encouraged, as this means zero contact at all; however, our process still caters for those who choose to pay with a card or cash.
- Our drivers carry a personal hand sanitiser bottle with them at all times.
- Upon arriving at the customer’s delivery address, the driver will knock on the customer’s door / ring bell.
- The driver will stand back away from the customer at a safe distance.
- When the customer comes out, the driver will sanitise their hands and remove the meal from their delivery bag.
- The driver will place the meal on top the delivery bag in front of the customer, while still maintaining a safe distance.
- The customer will pick up their meal and check the content of the order.
- If payment needs to be made by card, the driver will wipe down the card machine and prepare it for the transaction. The customer then will simply tap, insert or swipe their card. If a PIN is required, the driver will hold out the card machine towards the customer so that the customer can enter their PIN without having to handle the card machine.
- If payment needs to be made with cash, the driver will have confirmed the exact change amount needed before arriving. The change will be placed in a sealed and sanitised money bag. The customer will pick up their meal that was placed on top of the delivery bag, check the meal, and then place the cash on top of the delivery bag. The driver will pick the cash up, and replace it with the change for the customer to pick up.
- The driver will then sanitise their hands and pick up the empty delivery bag to leave.